::MBP:: The Official Poll - Buy or Wait, make your choice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by harry0, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Are you going to buy the current model MBP, or wait for a revision?

1. Buy the current model

6.0%
  2. Already bought the current model

20.1%
  3. Wait for (insert time period here) until an update / revision, THEN BUY

70.1%
  4. I don't want a MBP anyways, Macbook Air FTW!!

3.7%
  1. harry0 macrumors newbie

I know there is already an official MBP list, but here is the poll. Lets see what comes up, if significant enough, maybe Apple will notice!!

After months without updates on Apple's Macbook Pro line, and countless rumors of revisions, particularly regarding a "Penryn" speed bump and the multi-touch trackpad, it seems there surely will be an update soon.

Will we see an update soon, who knows - but all potential MBP buyers can have their say here. BUY current model or WAIT?

2. aforty macrumors 65816

Another poll? Ok...

I'm waiting, been waiting since September and I can wait another few months if I have to.

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Just keep in mind that if there are major changes to the MBP, you'll have to deal with rev A problems - something many of us have done and regretted forever. If the changes are minor, then you might as well have bought what's selling today.

I say go for it and enjoy a more mature product line.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Good lord, how many of these threads do we have to have?:rolleyes:

Anyways, I was looking at getting a new laptop in December. I decided to wait until MWSF and see if anything came out that caught my eye. When I saw the MacBook Air, I realized it didn't fit my needs. I then ordered the base MacBook Pro because my classes resume on January 28th. I got it yesterday morning. It is fantastic! Even if Apple introduces a new machine tomorrow, my MBP will still do everything that I want or need.

5. a4abt macrumors regular

I already bought mine at the end of December and the new update rumors don't affect my decision. I love my new MBP and it's more than enough for my needs.

6. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

7. harry0 thread starter macrumors newbie

for those of you saying you'll buy the current model.. when are you planning to buy it?

8. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I'm waiting! I have been waiting since August 2007 and I have decided that I'm going to give Apple til the end of February to release the Penryn update. If it doesn't come out then, I will wait for a more significant update and buy a Macbook instead.

I am on the virge of cracking though!

9. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

already bought the current model ( 27 december ) umm, 4 days to make it a month old =)

good luck to the waiting gamers :D

10. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

if you are the type that gets all depressed cause you don't have the latest then wait. Then again you might end up getting depressed either way cause when you buy the latest, talk on this forum will be what will be out next.

When will the magical Tuesday come!!!!???

11. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

you can never have the latest in the tech world, mr.. :D

12. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Sure you can... Whatever has been released to the public I would call the latest. And that time period could be 3 - 6 months. It just gets pricey.

13. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

There is something known as Applecare. If the problems are major enough I am sure Apple will regret it.

14. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

W00t! Long time no see.. Anyhow, has apple regretted the macbook cracking issue?

15. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

exactly what i meant, people wait for 3months or so to just enjoy a new product which might only last around 6+ months and to found out that their product will be renewed again with the newer version with prolly a minor change but still

for some people with the buyer remorse, it's a dilemma :D

16. Mekot macrumors newbie

I've been waiting since September and decided to wait no more and buy one but from e-bay where you can find the newest generation MBP at about £ 990 with warranty. This is the only way for me to get rid of any buyer's remorse. What do you think?

17. heatmiser macrumors 68020

As long as you promise not to start a thread when you get scammed...badly.

18. G.I. Joe macrumors regular

G.I. Joe

Waiting for next update. Hope it doesn't take more than a month!

19. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I say buy(Already brought current model) as with everything something new comes out often so if you buy the latest and greatest next week it will be redundant thats how it goes.

20. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I love my MBP, and I suppose that if I was still without a Mac laptop now then I'd have to buy.

However, waiting is pretty advisable if you can... The current MBP is awesome, but a lot of that is down to a great processor and graphics card. It's a little light on the substance in terms of new stuff.

21. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

I bought my MacBook Pro on the 15th of January, definitely do not regretting do so, even if a new revision comes out soon.

22. M&M macrumors regular

M&M

All I'm waiting for is for the 17'' Hi-Res Display to be LED. The waiting is long... :(

23. jhande macrumors 6502

No urgency here, will wait for next rev. I'm *not* getting caught out again. I want at least 3 quarters where *my* machine is top of the line.

24. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

I really feel that you should purchase a machine if it has the power NOW to do what you need it to do. No question the MBP's will be updated, but when is anybodies guess. I got mine in late November and couldn't be happier. If I was waiting for MacWorld, I would still be without a super laptop.

Live for today!:)

25. bensh macrumors newbie

Hope Apple looks around here and sees what's going on...

I WANT THE NEW MBP!!! PLZ