MBP Timing question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by PullTheStars, Aug 28, 2011.

  1. PullTheStars macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2011
    Location:
    Boston
    #1
    Hey guys, its my first time on here so bear with me


    I am going to be a senior in high school next year and would love a new MBP, however i have one quick question.

    WHAT IM LOOKING FOR: 15 inch MBP

    1). Ive heard a few rumors that Apple may remove the CD drive from their future MBP line, That would suck and id rather have a comp with one. Do you think it makes sense to buy a MBP now so i can guarrantee it has a CD drive or wait for the refresh so i can get a better comp?

    Also ive heard rumors that apple may be creating a 15 inch macbook air/pro that may take the position of the current MBP, i would also not like this and would rather hop on the current one now.


    So what do you guys think? Should i assume that the next refresh of the MBP will suck and i should get one now or should i wait and trust apple to not mess this up and wait for the refresh?

    HELP! Thanks
     
  2. Matthew9559, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

    Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

    Matthew9559

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas
    #2
    As long as you do not need the computer right now I would wait for the refresh. You will be able to get this gen's model at a reduced price.
     
  3. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    #3
    Exactly. If you don't need the computer now and you're thinking about the future, just wait until then and see what happens. If they refresh it and remove the CD drive, just get an Apple refurb (basically new) for a lower price or get the new one if they have the drive included.
     

Share This Page