MBP to a TV, Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AKahan, Oct 9, 2008.

1. AKahan macrumors newbie

Okay, I'm confused as to how to hook up my MBP to my TV. I've hooked up my MBP to the VGA cables and I can see my computer screen on my TV but I didn't have audio so I bought some headphone jack to left/right audio cables to go to the back of my TV, but that didnt work/I didnt put them in the right place. So then I bought a left/right to headphone jack to try to put it into the headphone jack in my TV and that still brought no sound. Any suggestions as to how to get sound on my TV? Thanks.

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

make sure you're going into the jack with the headphone picture, on my MBP (version that came out last feb and checked a friends older model too) it's closest to the front of the laptop. right next to the express card slot.

try plugging headphones in, to make sure the port on the laptop is actually working. If those work i would think it might be a setting somewhere in your TV.

3. iheartchlorine macrumors newbie

Check which sound input goes with the VGA input. On my TV, it is a mini jack for the audio that goes with the VGA. Make sure you're in the headphone jack on your mac, and an audio in on your TV. If you are plugged in right, check the volume on your mac.

4. AKahan thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it after I followed both your posts. Thank you very much.