MBP to HDMI Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taylor200588, Aug 31, 2010.

1. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

Hey

Been using my 26in HD TV as a moniter for a couple months, i bought a 3rd party mini display to hdmi cable off amazon and for ages it was working fine. However these past couple weeks I've been having a couple issues!

If i've not been using the tv for a while, when i plug in my mac and close the lid and wake it up with my bluetooth keyboard it works fine, screen pops up and away I go. But if i get up and leave and come back a while later the screen goes off (normally) and I go to wake up the display and sometimes the screen comes back on and its fine, sometimes it comes on but flickers on and off or sometimes it doesn't bother connecting and I have to switch it all off. I've tried opening the lid, nothing. I've tried restarting the mac and the tv, nothing. I've tried connecting it up to my 42inch living room telly and I have the same issue.

The thing it, the adapter does work, i dont know if its the mac or the cables or what!

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Thanks

2. eponym macrumors 6502

Have you installed the recent graphics update (about 10 days ago)? Some of the issues it was addressing had to do with external displays and sleep.

3. taylor200588 thread starter macrumors regular

taylor200588

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

i sorta have the same problem when going to sleep with an external display and waking it up w/o the display, usually i have to let it go back to sleep and wake it up again to get it working again