mbp to hdtv help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by motownflip, Nov 21, 2007.

1. motownflip macrumors regular

A little help please. I bought a dvi to hdmi cable from apple. I went to hook it up today and my desktop showed up on the tv, but that's it. My desktop icons didn't show up. I played a movie and that didn't show up. Anyone have any ideas? I was under the impression that if I bought this cable, that was all I needed. :confused:

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Perhaps you are seeing the hdtv as an additional display. Can you drag your applications from your mb display to your hdtv display?

3. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Two options.

a) In the System Prefs > Display you will see the two displays as blue squares. Drag the white menu bar to the HDTV monitor.

b) Close your MBP and wake it with a mouse and keyboard.

4. motownflip thread starter macrumors regular

doesn't work on one tv, works on others. I guess I need a new tv.

5. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

You have it set up so that your TV is your secondary display. This is set by default, go to the the Display preferences in your System Preferences app and drag the white bar on the top of one display to the others.

As well, what you can do is drag your app to the right or left (depending on where your secondary display is located) to make that app appear on the secondary display. Sounds like your TV is working fine.