MBP to MBA switchers... results?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by onthecouchagain, Apr 27, 2011.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Has anyone switched from the Pro 13" to the Air 13"? And if so, can they speak a little about the experience? I know in terms of general, every-day use, the Air suffices when it comes to processing power, etc (presumably even more so after the rumored refresh this summer). I'm considering switching, but I'm particularly worried about about the higher resolution. Yes, everything will be sharper and there will be more screen real estate (both of these I'm very attracted to), but I worry about font sizes.

Has anyone gone to the Air and regretted it or felt the font size made it very difficult to read? Was it a smooth, easy transition? Or did your eyes strain from smaller texts?

Thanks.

EDIT: I've posted a similar thread over at the dedicated Air forum. I'm proposing the same question here to see if I can get more feedback.

2. theturtle macrumors 6502a

Had an 07 white macbook than a 09 macbook unibody. Switched to a 2010 air this year. I LOVE the bump in screen res. While the added number of pixels may not be great, when i compared it to a 2011 mbp (i bought one to decide which one to keep. the air was the winner), the differences were noticeable.

while things displayed on the air is small, its extremely smooth. a screen is something you like at everyday, you might as well get the most pleasurable.