Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chevelle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
I have a 2010 MBP and I'm ready to get a new computer. I bought a laptop because it was good for school and I needed the portability. I don't need that portability anymore so I was considering a move to the mini.

My question is, will a maxed out mini (2.6ghz i7, 16 gigs, and a SSD) be good for running CS6?

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
i also have a 2010 mbp, and i bought a new mini with those specs yesterday.

it will definitely be able to run cs6

BTGeekboy

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2008
I'm doing the same thing - ordered my Mini last night to replace my 2010 MBP.

The report I've seen puts the HD 4000 as being on par with the GT 330M your MBP has, so if you were good there before, you still will be now.

Speed-wise, you're essentially getting double the CPU - you had two 2.6 Ghz cores before (assuming you maxed it out), and now you'll have four. The new Mini has the same CPU found in the top of the line rMBP.

If you aren't able to run CS6, then the only possible Mac that could would be the iMac - and we both know that's not the case.

fa8362

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2008
I run Photoshop CS6 on a base late 2009 Mac Mini with 4GB of RAM without any significant problems. I do illustration, coloring, and I work with 16-40 mp cameras. Only occasionally does anything slow to the point that I wish I used something faster. I will upgrade very soon, but Photoshop is not the driving motivation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.