MBP to Sony Bravia - No sound

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dman77, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Dman77 macrumors member

I'm trying to find the answer to this issue to no avail.

I used to have a White Macbook. This connected to my Sony Bravia via a Mini DVI-DVI, then a DVI-HDMI cable. The sound went from the headphone jack on the MB to two connectors on the TV (L&R). Job done.

Now I have a MBP and am trying the same thing. I have a Mini Displayport-HDMI cable, with the HDMI then going to the TV. I have the same audio connection. The result is perfect picture but no sound at all.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get the sound working? I have the same issue with my unibody Macbook as well. These are the connections I have on the TV;

Connector Type: 2 x HDMI ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) ¦ 1 x VGA input ( 15 PIN HD D-Sub (HD-15) ) ¦ 1 x S-Video input ( 4 PIN mini-DIN ) ¦ 1 x SPDIF output ( TOS Link ) ¦ 1 x headphones ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) ¦ Composite video input ( RCA phono ) ¦ Component video input ( RCA phono x 3 ) ¦ 2 x SCART ( 21 PIN SCART ) ¦ 1 x audio line-in ( mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) ¦ Audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ) ¦ 1 x audio line-out ( RCA phono x 2 )

I'm not too clued up on audio visual stuff so any help would be appreciated.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Next to one of the hdmi ports it has two phono inputs with audio in. It's specific to that hdmi port. You nee to plug you hdmi and audio into there mate.

3. Dman77 thread starter macrumors member

And you my friend, are a star!

I've been working blind so to speak as the TV's mounted on the wall, but feeling my way around I found the inputs and it works a treat.

Thanks.