MBP Touch Bar : Force Quit

Nbd1790

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2017
New York
Recently, I was watching a youtube video in full screen on my 2018 MBP w/ Touch Bar when the touch bar froze. I know you can use Cmd+Shft+Esc to bring up the force quit window (or from the Apple drop down menu), but is there another keyboard shortcut to do this? If not, is there a way I can re program the laptop for a new set of keys to bring this window up? (obviously not involving one of the keys dedicated to the touch bar)

I intended to use this laptop for live performances (deejaying & music production) and sometimes jump between different applications while I have audio running, so doing a hard restart with the power button wouldn't really be an option. I do love the laptop (despite the sub par keyboard) and don't really want to get rid of it. Plus, the 32gb of Ram has been a huge help for my studio needs (windows is not an option for me)

Any advice / insight on the matter would be appreciated. (Sorry if this thread was already started somewhere)

mrt.plt

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2015
Montreal, Canada
When I wanna force quit an app, I usually right click on the app icon on the dock while clicking option, then I have the option to force quit. I've never used Cmd+Shift+Esc honestly.

Nbd1790

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2017
New York
You could also use Better Touch Tool to create a shortcut of your choosing to replace the default shortcut.
I think that would be the solution. I'll take a look into that.

As far as the other replies, I'm specifically referring to a situation where an app consumes the entire screen (such as using full screen while watching a video) where the dock and Apples main menu bar are not visible.

Reactions: SDColorado