MBP trackpad button dissasembly. - Anyone know how?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Garywoo, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Garywoo macrumors newbie

Garywoo

Well i spilled highjuice on my MBP :(

I cleaned all the keyboard you by removing the affected keys and washing them, but my trackpad button nolonger clicks and feels very soft. I can actually click on things and it works fine, but it feels sticky and soft and i want to get it back to how it used to be.

I've tried the 'slididng the card into the crack' trick but that didn't slove it.

Have anyone had any experience with dissasembling or cleaning a trackpad button?

Here are some releveant pics i found.
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Garywoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Garywoo

3. bizzle macrumors 6502a

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Core-2-Duo/Keyboard/115/6/Page-1

That will explain how to remove the top case. Depending on your model things may look slightly different. Be aware, you will most likely not be able to fix your issue unless you can access the area where the juice is. Most likely you will need a new top case assembly because you can not remove what I believe you are trying to remove. Try cleaning the area with the highest percentage rubbing alcohol you can find.

4. Garywoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Garywoo

The thing is that the button seems to be held on with fasteners that i dont know how to take off. I can see them when i remove that battery.