MBP trackpad button issue/non-issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by suprnovaynwa, Apr 18, 2009.

1. suprnovaynwa macrumors member

suprnovaynwa

Hey guys,

I have a Penryn MBP which is just a little over a year old now, but since a very long time ago I had noticed that my trackpad button is very stiff, particularly in the centre of the button. It's as though something is stuck underneath the button, causing it to be stuck. There is no solid 'click' when I press it.

I've removed the battery to see if anything was stuck underneath but I couldn't find anything wrong.

I don't know anyone else who owns a MBP, so I can't really ask to compare - but my girlfriend's black MB's trackpad button 'clicks'.

I can't for the life of me remember if it was like this when I bought it, but surely I would notice this when I first used it out of the box!

It's been a long time now, and I probably should have had this issue addressed at that time, but can anyone help me out?

Cheers

2. suprnovaynwa thread starter macrumors member

suprnovaynwa

Okay, howabout this.

Does anyone think it is worth it to go into an Apple store to get this fixed or not?

Could this problem become worse in the future?

I just need to know if the trackpad button is supposed to 'click' or not when pressed.

Cheers