Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
So I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.. but sometimes when I use the trackpad and move my finger over it, the mouse doesn't move... and it's really irritating sometime.

It's the late 08 MBP, and the only thing I've done to it is installed a bunch of programs and replaced new RAM, but nothing of which should affect the trackpad...

Anyone else have this problem/have an idea what's wrong/know what I should do in terms of fixing it?

xenohawk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
I had it too on my 2.8 Macbook Pro ('08), sometimes it won't response to my touch but after a few seconds later it went back to normal, weird. As far as I can recall it happened usually when I have a lot of application open and the laptop is warm (60-80C).

Pngwyn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
"Maybe a PRAM/SMC reset?"

How do I do this?
It's really annoying and I'd like to get it fixed. Noone else has this problem?

VilhelmI

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2008
Don´t worry guys.
A guy mailed Steve Jobs himself and he answered in a three word sentence:

Update coming soon.
;)

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
If this is when you start the movement with your finger in the bottom couple of CM or so of the pad, it's a feature. To allow you to safely click the mouse button without accidentally moving the cursor from where you positioned it, seeing as there is no seperate button, it only starts registering it as movement after about half a second or so, if you start the movement higher up, then it shouldn't be an issue, at least, that's my observed behaviour on mine.

JayKay321

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008
I also have this issue.

Same here.

Sometimes, the click function doesn't work. I can click it over 30 times and nothing will happen unless i move the cursor away and then place it where it originally was again and execute the click.

Additionally, the cursor won't respond to general movement around the trackpad. This seems to happen consistently immediately after typing a decent amount of text.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2008
Berlin
I also have this issue

but
Don´t worry guys.
A guy mailed Steve Jobs himself and he answered in a three word sentence:

Update coming soon.
;)

I think this problem that was described in some news here was a bit different. It was about the physical button which wasn't clicking correctly.

Anyway, I hope the update will solve it.

Tex

Fro

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2008
I have the same problem even with the external mouse. Is there someone else who has noticed the same problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.