MBP+TwelveSouth BookBook = New Backpack.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LexNix, Jun 21, 2011.

1. LexNix macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I just ordered my first MacBook Pro and with it I ordered TwelveSouth's 15-inch BookBook case. The problem is, the BookBook adds a little extra to the dimensions of the MacBook and as such it will not fit in my current SwissGear backpack. Therefore, it is time to buy a new backpack. Anybody out there got any recommendations? According to TwelveSouth's Website I need to buy a bag that will fit a 17-inch laptop, to accomodate the extra bulk. And seeing as my school loves to give me big heavy books :( it will also need to accomodate those as well. Furthermore, being a college student, I am kind of poor (even more so now), so I need to keep it somewhat economical. I.E. under $120. Thanks Everyone.

2. eUnique macrumors member

I had a similar situation, I wanted to have a 3L hydration bladder + room for math murder weapons (books haha) and after some research I finally found a military version camelbak.

Anyways I use that for my macbook + books and it has lots of space.

idk but there ya go!

3. LexNix thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... I'll have to head on down to my local Army Navy Store and see what they've got in stock. Do you happen to know the internal dimensions or possibly the model number?

4. eUnique macrumors member

http://camelbak.com/Military-Tactical/Packs.aspx

I have the motherlode and I love it, they are kinda overpriced if you dont want a hydration bladder. But to give you a feel on size, I had my 13 MB, a 1000 page hardcover text, a smaller softcover text, maybe 500 pages, two half inch binders, my bladder half full, my lunch, calculator etc.

Its overkill but I like having so much stuff and the bag is built to support lots of weight (i assume lol) beacuse my shoulders feel ok even with a huge load.

5. LexNix thread starter macrumors newbie

WOW. That is one hell of a back pack. Unfortunately, its a bit out of my price range. But I like the idea of using a military/tactical pack instead of the normal everyday pack. Anybody else got any suggestions?

6. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Wait, is that bookbook case only for transportation or do you always use the mbp with it? You have the thinnest 15" laptop and converted it to the biggest one :( why don't you get a thinner case, they protect the mbp and they're not fat like the bible :p

edit: Nevermind, I saw it in a video and seems pretty cool, although big ;)