MBP Uneven Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HomeyC, Aug 9, 2009.

1. HomeyC macrumors newbie

I have a new 13 UMBP and it's perfect except for a slightly off center trackpad. The trackpad is off center by approximately 1/16". I'm wondering if I should return it or just deal with it. What would you do?

2. Panzo macrumors 6502

buying apple laptops is like playing the lottery, you gotta be one lucky sob to come out with a perfect machine, most of the times though your just a loser..

I could tell you yes go get it exchanged, but be forewarned dont be surprised if u exchange it more then once or twice.

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

i'd just deal with it.. its not the biggest of all imperfections.. By off center what exactly do you mean?

PTP

4. HomeyC thread starter macrumors newbie

There is a 1/16" gap on the left side of the trackpad while the right side is perfectly flush

5. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

I have problem also. I didn't notice it at first, and i thought it was from my "uneven" use of the trackpad...ie- tend to click on the lower regions....

6. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

With my experience in exchanging the Unibody MBPs, I advise you to just stick with the computer you have. For me... I have had much more serious defects. ...defective graphics card, bad display, one of the replacements actually gave me a small burn because it overheated. I would happily take a 1/16" gap on the trackpad.

But...you can go try to get it exchanged I guess..if it's really bothering you that much.

7. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

This is a feature and not a defect. It always is with Apples. :rolleyes:

8. HomeyC thread starter macrumors newbie

I've decided to keep it even though my OCD is telling me to replace it

Thanks

9. southernbear78 macrumors newbie

I have a similar issue with my Macbook (not pro) but it is the unibody version. Check out the below thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=754714

I haven't had a chance to take it back yet. The thing is, it wasn't always like that as far as I can remember, and it is separating from the top as well.

10. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Yes, I'd take it in and get it replaced.

It really bugs me when people advise others to stick with their mildly defective product, just in case they get an even more defective one in return. You have paid at least $1200 for this machine, it should be perfect. If you get a defective machine as a replacement, get that replaced too.