MBP uni going back

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raw911, Mar 5, 2009.

1. raw911 macrumors regular

:mad::mad: I finally got my MBP 17" and as i was marveling over the beauty i turned it over and found a small dent in it ... now even tho its small and im calling apple to get it replaced ..shhhhhh for 3k let me dent it myself .... the only way i would consider keeping it is i have an order in for mac pro oct 2.66ghz .. now if they upgrade me to 2.93ghz or take a nice $$$$$ off then we can talk ..other wise ... this is the 1st time i ever ever had to send something back from apple can anyone tell me what the process usually is? you got to send mbp back and then sit on your thumbs and wait for a new one from china? or will they send one and then THEY sit on their thumbs while waiting for it to come back

2. mmalto macrumors regular

you can do one of two things:

1. get a return federal express label from them and then call them once you've taken it to a federal express shipping location to let them know it's been shipped. once it's shows up in their system as shipped from fedex, they'll start the process of shipping you a new one.

or

2. get the label, buy a new mbp, wait for new laptop to show up, then ship back defective mbp, get a credit for defective one.

i went with option 2. i ordered on jan 6th and waited almost 2 months for the thing, i told them i'd order another one and ship this one back for a refund once the replacement came as i didn't want to be without a computer.

needless to say, i did this on monday of this week and the matte display 2.93 (rest stock) shipped this morning. hopefully it'll be here on friday, but it has a monday delivery date (it came 1 day earlier before).

no offers on anything for my inconvenience. i think i even had to pay the 18 bucks for expedited shipping.

oh well, all-in-all i'm happy they let me wait till the next one gets here to send this defective video card one back (it has nasty banding).

ciao,
    mike.