MBP Unibody 17" week 16 or 18 experiences

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RX64MACBOOKPRO, May 1, 2009.

1. RX64MACBOOKPRO macrumors member

RX64MACBOOKPRO

Anyone have a week 16 or week 18 MBP 17" Unibody? If so, what screen type do you have? 9c98 or 9c99? to find out, go to system preferences, then display, then color, then open profile, scroll down to line 13.

is the gap issue still apparent?

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You will never know which screen you are going to get and I I've had beginning run last year and a week 3 this year unibody and neither had the gap issue.

3. satcamp2 macrumors newbie

Monitor model number

Hi,

Just got the MBP 17 (early 2009). I checked the model info as described. I have 00009C99. Which model seems to have problems? I have noticed the rubber band or seal around the edge of the monitor looks like it may start to separate with continuous opening closing of the lid? Mine has not separated, but it feels like over time the seal just above the camera will start comming out.

I kind of compare this to a car or truck door. You know the seal that is between the vehicle body and the rim of the door. I have seen on older vehicles, that when that seal comes off, there is no putting it back on.

But I would like some info as regards to my model number?

Best regards,

MBP 17" early 2009

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The week your computer was manufactured has nothing to do with which screen you get, it depends which Apple factory it was assembled at in China,