Mbp UniBody 2010 Mid Cosmetic Defects ( Hinge )

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jmouse, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Jmouse, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

Jmouse macrumors 6502

Hello everyone,
    Im new to this forum and this is my first post. Please go easy on me.

Story is , i bought a Brand new MBP early this year, It was still the mid 2010 mbp unibody with i5 intel. Unfortunately i didnt wait for the new one, anyway thats not the issue.

My issue is between the left side of the hinge and where the body meets. There is a tiny gap and a few very small dents on the black hinge Plastic thingy.
    Obviously the other side looks perfectly flush and no gap and no signs of defects.

I do have a Powerbook G4 that i use most of the time. I havent been using the new MBP for more than 2 hours sincce day one.

so i rang up Apple and address this problem, now they ve requested pictures as i did supplied with the email. They now told me to go into the Genius bar and they will attemp to repair it for me.

I cant say i have a very good experience with Apple repairs. 4 years ago i have a similar issue with the PB G4 and rang Applecare and have the casing replace. However after the repair problem A is fixed, but theres a new problem B occur, Tech said these machine, once they ve been taken apart , they might never get back to original shape.
    SORRY FOR THE SIZE
    [​IMG]
    Thats taken from the rear with the lid shut.
    [​IMG]
    Right Side
    [​IMG]
    Left Side

Now im stuck at a dilemma whether to get it fixed or not, to be HONEST im being a bit anal. but like everyone else i expect to have a perfect unit and not one i have to accept the defect and move on.

Mechanically the laptop is good, but its an APPLE product for god sake. We care about the looks alot. Sorry if im being Anal bout this.

2. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Just deal with it

Unless you like to stare at the hinge for hours on end

ALSO TIMG TAGS, DO YOU USE THEM?

3. Jmouse thread starter macrumors 6502

Hard to deal with it lol, but i can learn to. i sorta have bit of OCD if you get what i mean.
    Well at least i think i want to know if most mbp has this defects or im just the unlucky one here.

Whats Timg Tags? and how to get/use them?

4. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

constrains an image so it doesn't take up the whole screen
    enlarges when clicked on

[​IMG]

["timg"] (url) [/"timg"] w/o quotes

5. Jmouse thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, good to learn somthing new.

Anyway does your or anyones' mbp has gap like mine?
    also does anyone have any experience with Apples repairs? Cosmetic wise.

Cheers

6. Jmouse thread starter macrumors 6502

I think this thread fails.

Can anyone have a quick look on their mbps if they have that gap that i do.

Cheers.