MBP Unibody Refurb battery question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by j0n24, Sep 12, 2009.

1. j0n24 macrumors newbie

j0n24

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a 13" MBP from the Apple Refurb Store. I was wondering if anyone else had purchased one of these refurbished yet? If so, have you noticed if the built-in battery had been replaced --- or were there a few cycles on it.

I realize that Apple refurbs are as good as new - you just get a brown box instead or the original. However, I'm concerned that they might not be replacing the built-in battery which may have a number of charge cycles on it from its initial use.

Thanks!

2. marginaljustice macrumors newbie

I bought the 13' 2.0Ghz uMB in Feburary this year and completely everything concerning appearance and performance was perfect. My battery was at 100% health. Don't think I will ever buy another brand new Mac again!

As for the built-in batteries, consider that the most majority of these Macs are probably returns within the 14 day grace period. I doubt many have been used vigorously and then traded in with AppleCare. Also considering they replace all batteries in refurbished iPods, perhaps they do the same for the new built-ins in that case that they were considerably worked-in.