MBP unibody screen touching keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m3the01, Feb 7, 2009.

1. m3the01 macrumors member

Just wondering,

Im my old macbook pro 2.4, the screen never touched the keyboard when closed.

Ive noticed some lines on my screen, obviously from the keyboard.

I hate this, cause the grease that builds up on the keyboard gets transferred. Im surprised i havent heard anymore on this, is everyone just throwing the sleeve that came with the notebook on every time they close the screen?

2. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

I have this problem with my early-2008 MBP, but rest assured that it does come off very easily with the microfibre cloth Apple supplies with the computer.

3. DYER macrumors 6502

mine does it as well... keeps me cleaning the keys regularly as it only imprints onto the screen when they are dirty !

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you put stuff on the lid or apply pressure to it, it will cause the imprints.

5. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I'd return it and deem it as defective. Mine doesn't have that problem at all.

6. Storm9 macrumors member

Wow your crazy.

I hate those people who say oh no! my lid doesn't close perfectly apple owes me a brand new macbook pro!

7. DYER macrumors 6502

to be honest what i thought was my perfect mbp is starting to worry me...
    it seems i am finding more and more issues.. anyways i have booked mine in with a genius after soemone rightly pointed out that a laptop should not burn you no matter what your doing and i think that person had a damned good point (but that is another thread all together)

actually i jsut wanted to say i never have any preassure on the lid so it cannot be that

8. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Why do you HATE them?

They paid for a BRAND NEW totally functional machine without any hardware or cosmetic defects ;)

They should get what they paid for and this is one advantage that should be automatically granted to all buyers who bought their machines from Apple directly since they paid the extra money to the company.

9. DYER macrumors 6502

+1
    Seriously after paying £2000 for a laptop I WANT PERFECTION.
    A dell 15" for £439 i expect mistakes in. Even a decent toshiba with similar specs to the mbp for £1400 i expect a few mistakes in but not when we are talking £2000.
    For most people this is a serious amount of cash for a laptop or anything for that matter so they want to feel as happy with their purchse as possible...
    I honeslty do not think it is too much to ask.
    Would you buy a £3500 watch if you knew the movement was even slightly out?
    See my point?

10. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

I guess all the car manufacturers (their products cost more than $1500) should replace all cars that get some paint chips on the drive home...:rolleyes:
    - it's one thing to get a perfect cosmetic product right out of the box, but after that... (unless it's a manufacturer defect) it's a used machine. Once it's out of the seller's hands, it's not that easy to say whose fault it is for cosmetic damage. I think Apple does a pretty decent job trying to keep folks happy, but there will always be those who just can't be satisfied. Those folks should hang onto their precious money... it'll always be worth what it's worth.

11. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

My keys also touch the screen, which is lame since my 17" PowerBook never had that problem.

At the end of the day, its not worth getting it exchanged. I got the LG screen and no dead pixels. Why risk getting a lower quality screen and/or dead pixels over some easily cleanable smudges?

Just a thought.