MBP unresponsive!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xpress1, Jul 24, 2009.

1. xpress1 macrumors newbie

Guys,

I have a 3 weeks new MBP 13" 4GB Ram HD 160,

Yesterday i installed 2 apps for recovery one called File recovery and the other is RescuePro from Sandisk, now every time i am trying to get a recovery made after 5 minutes the system freezes and i have to shut down the MBP manually, does anybody else experience the same issue or may it be that the MBP is not able to deal with such apps.

BTW: i only use one app at the time!

I know that mac is supposed not to have those kind of freezing issues as it is more Windows routine problems!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I know this is not an answer to your question but why are you not using Time Machine? It's the best for file recovery, especially if you're using a new computer. I can't get along without Time Machine. Anyways, something doesn't sound right. Just fully remove those programs and reinstall them? Also, why are using 2 different file recovery systems?

3. xpress1 thread starter macrumors newbie

If i am not wrong Time Machine only provides user with a complete system Back Up and does not recover deleted files it only captures files that were available during the back up session.

My Kid deleted my external hard disk with all pictures inside from his birth till today, now i tried several recovery systems and those that i installed were the ones with the best criteria like Rescue files is specific for Video and Images recover while FilesRecovery is more Applications orientated.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You're almost right but not completely. Time Machine is in fact a complete backup solution however it's designed soley and advertised as a file recovery system. If you delete a file such as your pictures and empty the Trash Time Machine will have them in the backup. All you do is launch TM while iPhoto is open and retrieve the pictures and they will restore to their original place.
    Backups happen every hour automatically however you can manually backup anytime you want.

Those file recovery software programs are never perfect in recovering all of your lost data.

5. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    How do those work anyway? Once the file is deleted... shouldn't it be gone from the HDD?

6. xpress1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hidden Files

You see when data gets deleted off a hard drive, memory card, usb card etc. it doesn't actually get permanently erased. What happens is that the space that was occupied by the deleted file is now freed up, and becomes listed as re-usable space. However until that space is overwritten by new data your old file is still there and can easily be recovered provided you have the right tools.

7. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    Wow, that is quite interesting, never knew that.

8. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I've not used either of those. But what I did use is something called Data Rescue II which works so well, I managed to recover lost data from an DVD-RAM which failed to mount.

BTW. Data that's important to you should be backup'd to an external storage medium, ideally CD/DVD/MO/Memory Stick or BluRay.

9. Z06jerry macrumors regular

You might want to check your ram