MBP update and Media Coverage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cuse7284, Jan 30, 2010.

1. cuse7284 macrumors member

I want to throw this out there--- isn't it fairly bizarre that the lack of a MBP refresh has gotten absolutely ZERO media coverage? Nothing from the heavy hitters-- bgr, engadet, gizmodo etc. In fact, you can not find one single article on the internet about this. Only people like myself upset expressing themselves either here on mac rumors or twitter is where this can be heard. If you dont believe me check out the waiting for arrandale thread which has over 5k responses.

With this much outrage and feedback, seems like one of these major sites is missing the boat to post something. It doesn't have to be an announcement or even any answers to our outcry. Just acknowledgment of the fact that its long overdue and curiousity about why its still not here would create tons of traffic.

Just pointing out the facts. Good for mac rumors I guess because this is the only source for information. However, I personally would like to hear the opinion of experienced apple experts or tech geeks and what they think about this...(no offense to everyone else who gave their input...including myself).

Anyone else wonder why this is the case?

2. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

Well obviously there has been no media coverage of any MBP update because there isn't going to be one yet for months. Q1 2010 is all about the iPad.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Says the guy who doesn't want his notebook to be outdone by a newer model.

4. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Several other threads have already reported the same thing - the refresh for MBP's are trending on 8 month intervals. This would put the (likely silent) refresh occurring sometime in February. It's not February yet. If 3/1 rolls around and there is no MBP refresh, everyone can officially b!tch.

5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Let's hope I'll be asap, i feel they won't come out soon but i really hope they will, maybe this huge Media silence means they're about to come

6. jodr macrumors member

Is there typically a ton of noise before a laptop spec boost? A brand new product from a company that has, within 10 years, revolutionized mp3 players and smart phones, I understand that. But the only people who really care about new chips in the Macbook Pro are Apple users considering buying a new laptop, and aware of developments at Intel. (Not a wide swath of the public, unfortunately).

7. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

When I read your topic's title, I remembered the old conversation: is apple a computer company or just an electronics-consumer company?

I want the mac's computers to be the vanguard of apple's activities. Not just a small part of it's activities.

8. JacaByte macrumors 6502

Allow me to quote you on that, because I think it's very possible that Apple won't refresh their MPBs until after 3/1 at this point.

Unless Apple comes out with a MPB to die for, I'll be buying a Dell Inspiron for $500 less with the same features, same battery life, a better processor, better RAM and a bigger HDD, and then turning it into a Hackintosh.

Then I'll get Steve Ballmer to sign it. "I got a new one, Steve!"

9. DJ90 macrumors member

damn you ipad for causing the mbp to refresh late!

10. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

No one can say that as a certainty because Apple may update the MBPs sooner rather then later. It wouldn't be the craziest thing they have done and I don't think the iPad would really affect the MBP because they advertise to two different consumer 'lines' and different people essentially.