MBP update this year??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by offwidafairies, Sep 20, 2007.

1. offwidafairies macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

Is it likely MBP will be updated this year? When Leopard is released maybe? I need to buy a new laptop but I dont like buying mid-product cycle :(

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

It might be, but my guess is Macworld in January...

3. mets1125 macrumors regular

You can buy and then sell it when the new MPB comes out. you probably wouldnt lose a lot of $.

4. offwidafairies thread starter macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

o dont make me cry!

5. pscoble macrumors 6502

What exactly is wrong with the current MBP? Sure it mid-cycle but thats...ok... I don't see an update till MacWorld because of the new intel processors coming out in January. If I were you and I really needed a MBP I would wait for leopard to come out then buy it. No matter what updates come you'll still love your mac. I know I still do!

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

didn't they just update like 2 months ago? i bet the earliest update, other than maybe a small speed bump, would be January.

7. pscoble macrumors 6502

Well I agree that it will be in January but I don't think it's going to be a small speed bump...

8. djkny macrumors 6502

The "MacBoy Slim" -- 12" MBP ultraportable --will hit the streets in November after Leopard.

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think he meant that it would see a small speed bump before January, and then something more substantial in San Francisco. I subscribe to this philosophy as well. The mbp is going to need a little dressing up before Chirstmas. Nothing major has to be done, but a small update would really help keep the mbp at parity with other notebooks in that price range.

10. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

at the earliest imo

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Yeah.. they're going to update it and then update it again a month later. And you thought people were bitching about the iPhone price drop.

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

It isn't unheard of, and for all we know, the update could be something as simple as an HD upgrade; few people are going to complain too heavily if the base capacity in the base mbp model goes up to 160.

13. cervaro macrumors regular

And offer a 5400rpm 250Gb BTO option as well instead of that frankly insulting 4200rpm model currently on offer.

14. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

That could be a very real possibility. It would be an easy way to "update" the macbook pros without really updating them:p

15. offwidafairies thread starter macrumors 6502a

offwidafairies

yeah thats what im doing. and i AM still excited :D

how about 7200rpm 250Gb :D

16. pscoble macrumors 6502

Best idea the way I see it like everyone else says if you are always waiting for the best you'll always be waiting (something like that anyway) and once you're mac becomes outdated I just don't pay attention to it I like mine just fine thank you very much. Although that nice newer GPU in the SR mbps is kinda nice ;)