MBP Updates and College Promo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChadBrommer, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ChadBrommer macrumors member

ChadBrommer

So, I've been hearing a lot of different stories about when the MBPs will be updated. Does anyone have a good idea not totally based on speculation. Also, how long has it been since the last revamp. I know the 2.6 was released in November, but what was before that?

Does anyone know when Apple usually starts running the free iPod with a Mac purchase for college students? I guess an even more pertinent question would be "Do you think they will run it again this year?"

2. holybatfart macrumors member

holybatfart

Before that was the update in the summer. Santa Rosa chips @ 2.2 & 2.4GHz, 800MHz FSB, nVIDIA 8600M GT...

The promo will start when the back to school stuff starts or earlier. And I'm damn sure Apple will do it again. If you plan on getting one during that time make sure to see if your campus has an Apple reseller, you might be able to get a Mac at an even cheaper price than the standard Edu discount price, I did.

3. ChadBrommer thread starter macrumors member

ChadBrommer

I've been hearing all different kinds of stuff on MBPs. Thanks for that link. I can't remember from last year. What was the discount. I thought it was $200 towards an iPod. If that's the case, could I add like $100 to get a touch?

4. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

its a free iPod nano $150

yes you can pay the difference for an upgrade

why arnt these discounts good for highschool students? :(

5. BIK macrumors member

BIK

Because high school these days isn't so much an education as much as it is a day care

6. ChadBrommer thread starter macrumors member

ChadBrommer

You know, I'm a senior in high school this year, and as much as I hate to say it, BIK is absolutely right. It's ridiculous. To think that the only place where any kind of real classwork gets done happens to be in our computer lab kind of makes me sick. The public school system is really starting to become a joke.

7. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

haha, well said BIK

8. nslyax macrumors regular

Looking through the MacRumors archives, the Back to School promotion was announced June 4, 2006 and June 5, 2007. So, looking on iCal, I would say between June 8 - 10, 2008.

9. ChadBrommer thread starter macrumors member

ChadBrommer

God, I can't wait that freakin' long. I want my MBP now. Come on apple. Update and run the College thing early. Someone get Jobs on the phone!

10. nslyax macrumors regular

I really think it should be a year round deal. Or at least bring back some discount on the iPod for students.

Hell, a free iPod is $150 off, regular Edu discount on a MacBook is only $100. Which do you think I would rather have?

11. ChadBrommer thread starter macrumors member

ChadBrommer

When that deal comes around, you get the education price and the free iPod right?

12. nslyax macrumors regular

You get the education discount on computer, and pay full price for the iPod, then fill out a mail in rebate form for $149 off any iPod over $149.

13. ChadBrommer thread starter macrumors member

ChadBrommer

Ok, that's good. You know, if they update the MBP's soon, I might just say screw the iPod rebate. I'll have $150 out of my computer until they run that deal.