Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
mac world has come and gone and there are no new macbook pros. I am questing when apple to update them. I don't think too soon because there seems to be some finical and sully problems with the penrny chips. However I fell because the MBA dos't have a glass screen the new MBP will. I thnk that they will incorpate the new track pad. I think they will ne very simmilar.

m12rumors

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2008
MBP/MBA - no similarities

i don't think that there will be much similarity between the MBP (if released) and the MBA except for hull-material. of course it sounds sensible to incorporate the new touchpad & keyboard. but what more can you take from the air than touchpad and keyboard?
the mainborad in the air is mini and does not fit the power need of the pro. same with the chip. video at air is not existent, so no similarity either.

that a pro revision is due is commonly accepted. when is the question. it does make sense, that apple will (although not a direct competitor) not disturb the primary sales of the air by any change of its traditional products. they just created a new niche with the air... why make it smaller?

on the other hand people have (partially) been waiting long for a pro (and MB) revision -which did not happen at the conference.
seems reasonable (to me) that apple will not risk loosing those who don't jump for the air by waiting too long with the (overdue) revision.
plus: after a "new" design (air) the other products start to look "old". so i would expect a slight change of desing. else nothing big...
new chipset and a slightly modified design (e.g. air-keyboard & t.pad)

size(s) will stay roughly the same (reasons: don't diminish air-niche & price for smaller is higher).

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
I was just pointing out that imac like screens will not be likely because they weren't in their most recent laptop the MBA.

Mac One

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2007
NZ
A glass screen wouldn't work in Apple's portable lineup because its heavier than the plastic material they use and of course brittle. When portability is not important it is an excellent material for Apple to use - recycling - but it wouldn't do the MacBooks any good in terms of the minor weight increase and the ease in which the screen could break.

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
that is my point but a glass screen would be nice. It woulden't scratch and gives you nice contrast.

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
that is my point but a glass screen would be nice. It woulden't scratch and gives you nice contrast.

You are one of those "new is better" people.

Personally I would love to have a 24" Macbook Pro, because the latest iMacs come in 24 inches, the Macbook Pros should too. It allows me to have a larger desktop size and watch HD movies on the go, how cool is that?

Imagine the following features:
- detachable wireless "flat styled" keyboard
- built in sealed battery
- 24" display

Wow, the perfect Macbook Pro.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006

But would also break as you take it out of the box, add weight to the laptop and cost a lot to produce well.

Matte display for me thanks. Don't like glossy...

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
glass seems to work well on the iPhone, I garentue you people droop iPhones more than laptops.

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
I think a quad core laptop is almost ready.If it used like 4 1.8Ghz processors then it would run cooler. Intel now shrinking the core-2 duo by 60% make an quad core laptop seem like a real possibility. I am not anticipating an update like this for the this update by maybe by the end of the year.

forafireescape

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
NJ
You are one of those "new is better" people.

Personally I would love to have a 24" Macbook Pro, because the latest iMacs come in 24 inches, the Macbook Pros should too. It allows me to have a larger desktop size and watch HD movies on the go, how cool is that?

- 24" display

A 24" laptop?! What would you even carry it in, a suitcase? :eek:

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I think a quad core laptop is almost ready.If it used like 4 1.8Ghz processors then it would run cooler. Intel now shrinking the core-2 duo by 60% make an quad core laptop seem like a real possibility. I am not anticipating an update like this for the this update by maybe by the end of the year.

They didn't shrink the processor by 60%, they shrunk the package by 60%. If you look at the comparison, the chips are the same size.

Quad core chips already exist (x7900), and more are coming. It's up to Apple whether or not they decide to include them.

sk8ordie

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
California
mac world has come and gone and there are no new macbook pros. I am questing when apple to update them. I don't think too soon because there seems to be some finical and sully problems with the penrny chips. However I fell because the MBA dos't have a glass screen the new MBP will. I thnk that they will incorpate the new track pad. I think they will ne very simmilar.

Grammar and spelling police alert!!

Brianstorm91

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Cambridge, UK
If you want to discuss the soon-to-be MBP, there's a plethora of like-minded people here.

- 24" display

Basically an iMac with a handle?
Get real.

NKA

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008

- 24" display

They already do... it's called an external display:p. The MBP's support ACD's up to 30". The largest laptop screen size you can currently get, I believe is 20". However most airlines apparently don't allow them to be carried as hand luggage anyway.

bushman1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
to who ever pointed out my spelling, I only use my iphone on the go so I tend to mispell words and things like that. I is hard to type on the go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.