MBP updates?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wordlessjam, Aug 18, 2009.

1. wordlessjam macrumors member

wordlessjam

When do you think that they will next be updated as I want to get one for university but am willing to wait for a little while. Is there any chance they will be updated before Christmas? But my course I am going for is Civil Engineering and don't know if I will need programs that are windows only. Are there any programs that can be used on a Mac that would be useful for that course?

Many thanks

2. FnuGk macrumors regular

my guess is that they will either be putting new ones on the marked when sl is released or when arrandale is released

3. onlnagent macrumors member

You can install windows via boot camp or run it on a virtual machine. Sun has a free open source version.

"Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), Solaris and OpenSolaris, and OpenBSD."

4. Spyharpy macrumors member

Spyharpy

Given the MBP were all updated in June and the average of Apple updating their notebooks is about every eight months, I'd say around March 2010. Check the Buyer's Guide tab at the top right and you'll see the update history of nearly every Apple product going back several years.

5. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

6. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

They will not release new products along with snow leopard, why release new products to replace your already newly released and very well selling product?

I would go along with this, sometime between Feb and June next year.

Also, these "when will the new macbooks come out" threads should really be banned, there is a new one every day.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My guess is there will be no update until the Nehalem MBPs are ready.