MBP Vertical Striping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jimmieboy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Yes, like many others I have the vertical striping issue. I also know there are other threads on this but my questions are a little different.

Just wanting to know what people did with this issue. Did most people get theirs repaired / replaced? Also, it's only happened once and the Shift-Control-Eject seems to have fixed it. Does this keep coming back? How am I meant to explain it to apple if I can't reproduce it?

2. kingshrubb macrumors regular

kingshrubb

This happened frequently before for me. I called Apple and they told me to do this:

1) Power off, then start up and boot into safe mode (hold the "shift" key when its starting up) and see if they still happen

2) Put install disk #1 in disk drive. power off, then power on and hold "c"

For me personally when I booted up in Safe mode something weird happened and it installed / fixed something (a little window popped up and said this) and now this problem occurs extremely rarely <1x a month. Good luck. :)

As for getting mine replaced... I took it to the Apple Store in Victor, NY and the Apple genius had never heard of the problem before so he couldn't do anything :mad: