Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hey all. Quick question. When I boot up in Vista on my MBP, for some reason the screen will not stretch the full length of my monitor, just end a tad shy on all sides. Also, it doesn't seem nearly as crisp as it does with OS X. Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? Thanks so much!

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Hey all. Quick question. When I boot up in Vista on my MBP, for some reason the screen will not stretch the full length of my monitor, just end a tad shy on all sides. Also, it doesn't seem nearly as crisp as it does with OS X. Anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem? Thanks so much!

Sounds like there was a problem with the video driver installation in bootcamp. Those are all symptoms of driver issues.

Veritas&Equitas

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Hm...I don't think that's it. When I go into the Display Settings, it says the current display is #1 of 2, recognizing that #2 is my closed MBP. I'm trying to get it to just be #1 monitor as recognized in clamshell mode.

djsukebe

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
Is 1920x1080 the native resolution of your external display?
Does your mbp have the ati card or nvidia card?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.