MBP vs Upgraded MPA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by skins266, Apr 10, 2015.

1. skins266 macrumors newbie

So the time has come to replace my MacBook (circa 2008). It has done everything just fine, but it seems to have hit the end of the road, especially with things that I am wanting to do in the future since I am graduating college, or start doing but never have been able to with this current device lacking.

So in looking at the current line-up I am torn between trying to figure out what I need to set myself up for success in the future, but it has boiled down to two main ideas.

The base 13 MBP w/ 256gb
    OR
    an upgraded 13 MBA w/ the 8gb RAM, 2.2 ghz, and 256gb

I know that based on how I currently use my laptop even the newly released MacBook would be just fine. However with the job I'm currently taking I have to do a decent amount of photo editing, small video clips and so on. And I really would like to start broadcasting on Twitch.

I'm just looking for advice and opinions on what to do. I'm leaning the MBP when the Retina display is factored in, but it would be nice to have the size of a MBA. So with everything upgraded on the MBA is it comparable to a MBP?

I need help, and appreciate all insight and advice!

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Go with the rMBP. The Retina display makes quite a difference, especially for photo editing. You also get a small CPU/GPU boost.