MBP w/ built in Mic and CSS

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Pirson518, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Pirson518 macrumors newbie

I have been having problems with getting my built in mic to work with Counter Strike Source. Has anyone else had this issue, if so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. matthews1492 macrumors member

Same here, with 2009 UMBP running windows 7. None of my source games work and steam doesn't even recognize the mic. I did check windows sound recorder and that worked, I too would love a fix! Anyone else have this experience?

3. Unavoidable macrumors newbie

Same problem, also happens in any other Half Life 2 (Source) engine games, like Team Fortress 2. Mic works fine in sound recorder, but not in either Steam or CSS or TF2.

4. imassents macrumors 6502

Hmm. I've never once had an issue getting the builtin microphone to work in Steam/Steam games. My MBP is an early 08 model. The only thing I have ever done within Windows is update the sound chipset drivers from the Realtek website. As yours may or may not be the same as mine, I cannot be sure if the drivers there are correct.

5. Unavoidable macrumors newbie

It seems to be an issue with only the new macbooks and boot camp drivers. Anybody find a solution?

6. 0makol16 macrumors regular

0makol16

the MacBook in my sig is what I use to play Steam games and the built-in mic worked fine, but it was too quiet so I got a Plantronics headset for $20 usd and it was plug and play :) go to setting and got to voice and click detect audio devices, that should work.

7. t3heford macrumors member