MBP w/touchbar 15" 2016 battery issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Seeeeeann, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Seeeeeann macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Basically I need some advice regarding to my MBP.
    Is it normal for my MBP to have it battery drain by 15% over the period of two days when it's being switch off completely. (By selecting shut down in Apple menu).
    The charge cycle of my battery is 12 and the battery health appear to be normal in system information on macOS.

The shop who sold me the laptop say it's normal to have battery drain by 15% over two days of not using as SSD and internal clock require power to run.
    But this issue only happen recently, aside that the laptop have been working perfectly for the past 3 months

Any advice will be appreciated.

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Is power nap enabled for battery in energy saver settings? System preferences.

3. Seeeeeann thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, power nap is disabled

4. deadworlds macrumors 6502a

deadworlds

Power nap only applies when the computer is in sleep. Have you tried contacting Apple about it? You should still be under your original 1 year warranty. Take advantage of it before it’s too late.

5. Seeeeeann thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try calling them, and run diagnostic test while on phone with them. The result came up as normal/no issue found.
    So its aint normal for battery to drain that fast right?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 30, 2017 ---
    pretty much their answer is : The laptop battery is perfectly fine, normal for the battery to have 15% of its battery drain

6. Ma2k5 macrumors 68000

Ma2k5