MBP wallpaper changing problem!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by newtomacs11, Sep 26, 2011.

1. newtomacs11 macrumors newbie

my mpb won't change wallpapers upon logging in. i set the changing settings to when waking from sleep and when logging in and still see no results! when i uses the apple nature wallpapers it works sometimes though.

plz help sum1!>_<

p.s. im using my own pics

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

explain what you did to set the wallpaper

3. newtomacs11 thread starter macrumors newbie

i go to system preferences then wallpapers etc. then when they give you the wallpaper selection on the left side i go to the very bottom and pick pictures then all of my downloaded pictures pop up and i pick one. then set the pictures to change when waking from sleep and that works but it doesn't change when i restart or shutdown and restart.

it worked with the apple nature wallpapers sometimes but i forget how i got it to work.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

so on a restart it resets back to a wallpaper you didnt choose?

5. newtomacs11 thread starter macrumors newbie

when i restart it keeps the same wallpaper i want it to change upon logging in. or every time i restart. it worked for the apple wallpapers but not my own.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

You did chose a folder, and not a single picture?

7. derickdub macrumors 6502

Is the folder containing the images you set as your wall paper on an external drive? If so that would probably be your problem, I was having this issue just the other day. Just move the folder to your boot drive and set your wall paper again, it should stay then.

Never mind, I seemed to have misunderstood what you were trying to do. If you want it to choose a random wall paper you will have to add a folder, and not just a single image.

8. newtomacs11 thread starter macrumors newbie

its a little confusing because i have a folder full of pictures and i can select it and a single pic inside. im going to click on another folder and then click back on my dl pictures and select random and change when logging in.

my pictures folder is in my profile thing and i don't have an external drive!

9. newtomacs11 thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried just about everything i can't even get the apple wallpapers to change anymore. am i the only one with this problem!?

10. Mikey26 macrumors newbie

I just found out mine isn't working right either..I used to just right click (with control and click) on an image and hit set as desktop image and it would go. So that doesn't work and I also tried to do it the long way through system preferences and that also isn't working..ugh kind of annoying! I have a mac book pro 15inch from july 2011

11. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I have mine set to change every minute, and I have it pointed to a folder called "Wallpapers" on the boot drive. It works fine for me.