MBP Warranty - AppleCare

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by guklein, Feb 21, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Hello,

My friend registered his MBP AppleCare some hours ago.

When he checks it at Apple website follow the message: "Applecare Protection Plan - In Processing"- and the expire date has not changed yet.

I thought it would be automatic!

Is it normal?

Thank you.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It can take a couple of days to fully show in the system, don't worry yet.

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. MAGICMOXTER macrumors regular

Probably because its the weekend, if something was wrong it would say so, wait until Monday evening and if it still says in processing then, then you need to worry. Otherwise chill.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I learned just last week that most administrative BS is done in California and they do not ever work on the weekends. This 5-day work week is what holds up things like AppleCare registration from showing up online, replacement machines (the boat I sit in), and other things that would require any paperwork to be filled out. I would not worry about it.

For me it takes nearly 2 weeks for it all to become official with Apple Care because of the state I live in.

6. MAGICMOXTER macrumors regular

yeah, its double as annoying when you order something online with next day delivery, once they phoned me asking if i would like Applecare with that for free after i had made my order online, (saving me about $99) so i accepted and it took 2 weeks to be delivered! 2 weeks! :eek: and the delay was completely due to the Applecare.