Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guklein

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Hello,

My friend registered his MBP AppleCare some hours ago.

When he checks it at Apple website follow the message: "Applecare Protection Plan - In Processing"- and the expire date has not changed yet.

I thought it would be automatic!

Is it normal?

Thank you.

MAGICMOXTER

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
Almost 24 hours and..."Still in processing".
:(

Probably because its the weekend, if something was wrong it would say so, wait until Monday evening and if it still says in processing then, then you need to worry. Otherwise chill.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I learned just last week that most administrative BS is done in California and they do not ever work on the weekends. This 5-day work week is what holds up things like AppleCare registration from showing up online, replacement machines (the boat I sit in), and other things that would require any paperwork to be filled out. I would not worry about it.

For me it takes nearly 2 weeks for it all to become official with Apple Care because of the state I live in.

MAGICMOXTER

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
I learned just last week that most administrative BS is done in California and they do not ever work on the weekends. This 5-day work week is what holds up things like AppleCare registration from showing up online, replacement machines (the boat I sit in), and other things that would require any paperwork to be filled out. I would not worry about it.

For me it takes nearly 2 weeks for it all to become official with Apple Care because of the state I live in.

yeah, its double as annoying when you order something online with next day delivery, once they phoned me asking if i would like Applecare with that for free after i had made my order online, (saving me about $99) so i accepted and it took 2 weeks to be delivered! 2 weeks! :eek: and the delay was completely due to the Applecare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.