Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbytomorow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2007
Left Coast
I *think* it may be discontinued at this point as the Anywhere Mouse MX someone posted on page 1 looks darn similar, so that may be the newest incarnation of it.

It is a great multifunction, wireless mouse with amazing battery life (runs on two AAA's. The buttons are all fully customizable via Logitech's software and the micro receiver is tiny so it can stay in a usb port pretty much all the time.

I bought mine from BJ's Wholesale Club for ~$45. Just saw them on Amazon for $85 though :eek: so shop around.

Great mouse, its what I use as well.

I love the flywheel :D

tble

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
If your using the mbp in a desktop like setting definately opt for a wired mouse and forget wireless bs. I'm a peripheral wh*re and have several razer mice (death adder, lachesis) and steelseries mice(xai and kinzu) plus the magic mouse. All razer mice work wonderfully on macs steelseries are a bit finicky unless you have a windows pc with their programto reassign the buttons. Magic mice is a nice mouse not the most comfy but definetly worth looking into if you like your swipe features (gonna need some 3rd party drivers for that). But it's a mouse you can't really go wrong with what ever you choose.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Stay away from the razer orochi. it has a very annoying "microsleep feature" that makes it almost impossible to use for anything besides basic navigation.

personally, I'm going to pick up a logitech Marathon Mouse. It's nice and cheap, and I love the feel of it.

********. Mine works fine. the Razer Orochi is far superior to the Logitech mice in build quality and it has a proper click wheel and is the only small gaming mouse on the market. You don't have to put a dongle into the machine using a USB port for wireless and you can also use the wire if you so which gives insane response times.

Get a Magic Mouse if you want, I personally hate all Apple mice and think what the hell is the point of a magic mouse when it's a track pad that moves?

Anyway I vote for the Razer Orochi.

Syonidism

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Turkey
I have a magic mouse and i like it to a certain extent. (really slim portability and useful touch)

but i would never trade my razer orochi for it. (eventhough razer support is horrid and to be honest. the orochi mouse doesnt deserve a 85$ price)

BUT they are both good mice for different reasons.

ALSO the orochi's battery life is stupendious. the microsleep actually saves a ton of battery which is what the apple mouse also does...

but they dont interfere with your workflow which is awesome imo.

Now if you wanna talk keyboards....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.