MBP Wireless card Help/question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by papa792, Jun 22, 2008.

1. papa792 macrumors member

Hello

I have a Macbook Pro and my sister have a macbook...We both work at the same place. Her Macbook can catch wifi signals from across the street but my Macbook Pro cant. Is it my wifi card or what...Will apple install a new on for me because I have apple care. Is it just my Macbook Pro or anyone else having the same problem as I am.

Thank You :apple:

2. crobbins macrumors 6502

The MacBook is plastic whereas the MacBook Pro is aluminum. I think you'll generally find the MacBook to get slightly better wifi reception than your MacBook Pro. I have in my experiences and believe this is the reason why. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I remember reading that here a while back actually.

3. papa792 thread starter macrumors member

yes, i do believe that also! but i also believe they should have made it more better wifi card if they knew this! its no good that u pay 3k for a MBP and then 2K for a MB and the MB have better wifi...u know what i mean?

Thanks for the response!

4. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

This is going to sound strange, but what kind of reception do people have if they live in the basement and connected to a 802.11n router on the floor above?

5. papa792 thread starter macrumors member

at my house i have N but when im at work i use b/g