MBP wireless Mode

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IPadNParadise, Jan 22, 2013.

1. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I just ordered an MBP scheduled for arrival on Friday. I was just in the apple store going over the specs again and see that for wireless it says 802.11n. I see MBA has that plus 802.11 b, g also. Now the n may be better but my router says b,g and not n. Plus I have an ipad that has worked fine with this router so if I have to change it.....

No point, i guess im just upset since I researched for so long between pc, MBA and MBP and it looks like I chose the wrong one for something thats going to arrive and be ready to use. If someone wants to tell me im wrong i would welcome that.

2. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

It means that your MBP will also connect to an "n" router (either 2.4 or 5GHZ) as well as "b/g". If your router is only "b/g" then that's not a problem.

No one would build a laptop that could only connect to "n" routers, doing so would make 95% of wireless hotspots unusable.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

LOL. That's what keep us geeks in business.

OP, "N" means it does "N" AND everything below. They don't spell it but that's what is. So if you got N, everything else is covered.

Relax on this, one, u will have "other" gripes in the near future. :)