MBP Wireless

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skibrett3211, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Skibrett3211 macrumors member

Skibrett3211

So I have been having trouble with my wireless internet at home, work, basically anywhere I go. So I called apple care to troubleshoot...(nothing) then took it to the apple store and of course it works perfect in their store because they are running all apple routers, etc. Needless to say when I got home the issue still remained.

So I come to trusty macrumors for a answer. I fixed my internet in five minutes with the changing of 4 DNS numbers. Why don't the apple genius or experts know what a macrumors member know? and why did I waste time and money going to the apple store to fix something I fixed at home?? :confused:

2. SWC macrumors 6502

Anytime you are have connectivity issues and want someone to look at it your best bet is to do so in your own environment. If you had the DNS servers set in the router there is no way for the apple store staff to know that and determine that was the issue.

3. phishindsn macrumors regular

Can you give some details of the Wireless router you are using?
    Model:
    Firmware:

Also how you have it configured WEP, WAP, WPA, etc???

4. Skibrett3211 thread starter macrumors member

Skibrett3211

Well i figured that if a regular person knows how to fix it they should.

In the other hand I am using a Buffalo AirStation g54 I have no clue the firmware because I did not install it and the guy who did moved to texas so I dont even know how to change anything on it.

5. phishindsn macrumors regular

Did he leave you passwords or anything? I imagine you can reset to factory defaults in the worse case.

According to the website the latest Firmware is 1.40...so I would make sure you are on the latest.

It also says the latest firmware fixes these issues:
    •Fixes Auto-Channel Disconnect Issue

6. Skibrett3211 thread starter macrumors member

Skibrett3211

yeah he didnt leave anything... so im kinda lost for a solution