Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikoN2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
As a freelancer i usually work at home but sometimes I do some work outside (using my machine)

I was thinking to buy the new MBP and use it as my main machine, meaning that at home I would plug it into two 22inch monitors almost all the time and away from home i would use the laptop directly.

Anyone using this set up ? Does the MBP handle this smoothly ? Also should I go with basic specs or customize it ?

NeilRShah

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Works for me perfectly. I have it set up with one 24 inch and one vertical 21 inch. Works perfectly with no hiccups.

Did you have any specific concerns?

MikoN2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Thanks for the replay, Do you close the lid of your MBP when your using the monitors ? is there any heating issue and does the battery get damaged fast in long term if this is your primary setup.

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois

MikoN2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
richard4339:
Haven't tried it yet but alot of people are using DualHead2Go Digital ME to connect two monitors, it will split the mini display which is a better solution then using one for mini display and connecting the other from USB ( the second screen will be laggy )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.