MBP with 24" LED OR MacPro with MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hobes270, Apr 23, 2009.

1. hobes270 macrumors regular

The thing with this is if I go with the MacBook Pro, I would get the 2.93 and throw an SSD in it. Now with the SSD in there, is that going to run me faster than the MacPro without SSD? I will not be doing to much rendering, but more photoshop, print and web design.

If I did the MacPro I would probably buy the high end macbook or low end MBP. I would just do the quad 2.66. The thing with the mac pro that would be nice would be able to record TV from my DVR to my mac pro, then accessing my macpro from my macbook while out and being able to watch it.

Which route would you guys take? I am lost.... THanks!!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why would anyone ever buy two computers at the same time? That just means they have to be replaced at the same time. Go with the MBP.

By the way- if that's all you'd use the Mac Pro for you might as well get a mini.

3. McBeats macrumors 6502a

id def get the macpro for performance, and then a macbook on the side... since the macbooks are only like 2 notches down from a macbook pro...

i bought the macbook pro thinking i would get good desktop-replacing performance, now i sorta wish i went a lil more expensive and bought the mac pro.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod