MBP with i7

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by george.dye, Oct 26, 2009.

1. george.dye macrumors member

The newer HP envy series feature the i7 monikers.
    # (1.73GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
    # • 8GB DDR3 System Memory (4 Dimm)
    # • 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
    # • 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) HD 4830
    # • 15.6" diagonal Full High Definition LED HP Ultra Brightview Widescreen Display (1920x1080)

1.04" thick, up to 5.2 lb

All for 2300 smackeroos. (US Dollars of course)

My thoughts on the matter are this. With similar engineering (Based on manufacturing techniques and thickness on laptop) [Its close, don't split hairs with me people] We could realistically expect i7 on MBP any day now!

Please share your thoughts

2. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I sure hope so, a product refresh would be the perfect time to buy in the next month

3. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I think they will keep the 13" with the C2D, maybe for now and upgrade the high end 15/17" with the i5 or i7 (which could be the new macbook pros). Anyway, can't wait!

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Not a good comparison. ENVY 15 doesn't have a optical drive. The increase in space allows the laptop to use higher end hardware.

5. george.dye thread starter macrumors member

Obviously not an apples to apples comparison. (No pun intended) However both laptops are very thin, therefore thermal characteristics would be similar. [Not the same, or close just similar]

The MBP's are just a hair slimmer. However I am hopeful that the macs will get i7 soon. If another equally/similarly slim laptop can rock clarksfield so can we :p !