MBP with numeric keypad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kayan, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Kayan macrumors 6502

Does anyone else wish that there was an option for the largest MBP to come with a numeric keypad built into it? This would be ideal for power users, data analysts, engineers, etc. Sure it would ruin the nice symmetry of the current setup, but I think that I for one would upgrade to it. Make it the maxed out model of the MBP.

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The best option for those users is a Bluetooth keypad similar to the one by Belkin sold in the Apple Store. It matches the styling of the MBP.

To my knowledge, there was never an Apple portable dating back to the PowerPC days with a numeric keypad. I may be wrong though.

3. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, when I replace my MBP 17" with a new iMac this year, I'll be sure to get the Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

The USB keyboard has it, but the Bluetooth version does not. Something to keep in mind.

5. Kayan thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya, never understood why they can't have both keyboards be Bluetooth. I'd rather have a numeric pad than BT. In reality, I already have a BT keyboard, so I'll have both after I buy :)

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

7. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Never understood either. They made a USB variant without the keypad. I am guessing it has something to do with power off the AA batteries.

Either way, many companies including Belkin and others make similar Bluetooth keypads in the same styling as the Mac and the keyboard.

8. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

There is also the older, full Apple BT keyboard, I got one with my Mini from its previous owner, quite a big heavy affair but is a full keyboard with keypad. Guess the demand wasn't there so they dropped the keypad.

9. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Forgot about that one, but we were referencing the aluminum models. I really do miss those keyboards though...