MBP with wedge-shape?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bvanstaa, Feb 23, 2011.

1. bvanstaa macrumors newbie

Hey--is it me, or does that photo of the edge of the new MBP make it look as though it is wedge-shaped like the MBA?

2. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

I thought that too...
    Thats why I was so confused when I saw the post about the minor update...:mad:

3. profoshow macrumors member

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Looks exactly the same to me. I think it's just at an angle

5. thepf macrumors newbie

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It isn't actually a wedge. It appears to have the same form factor of the current MBP. The slight wedge shape that can be seen in the photo is a result of the angle at which the photo was shot.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

There won't be a redesign. People have high hopes for nothing.

8. bvanstaa thread starter macrumors newbie

The right side of the photo seems to indicate the shape, and perhaps a bit more than would just be explained by perspective.

9. bvanstaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe my eyes are going buggy... :p

Attached Files:

10. axu539 macrumors 6502a

I also thought there was an angle. But, a picture of the front of the box was posted on another thread with a front view of the MBP. It looked basically the same, so I'm not so sure anymore.

11. bvanstaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Was that the one taken from above the box? If not, can you link the one you're referring to?

12. axu539 macrumors 6502a

13. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There is the same profile along the entire thing. There is the same amount of metal above and below both USB ports, and it looks the same as the side of my computer.

14. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Oh that is really disappointing. The Air's design makes so much more sense both internally as well as externally. For the new MBP's, at least they should offer a larger battery to replace the ODD (or something else, anything I can actually use, how about a friggin' internal water canister?) and a professional service to file off that stupid wrist-cutting front edge.

15. washburn macrumors 6502

so is the trackpad different to usual in that box shot?

16. Davieis macrumors regular

I also thought the same thing when the pictures were leaked.

Either its the camera angle, the plastic wrapping creating an illusion or the picture is edited.

The picture of the entire box/dimensions and weight confirm that the design will be the same.

17. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I'd put my money on these pics being either a controlled leak or a fake leak from Apple (to find a leak source). Why else would most of the pictures posted today be incredibly vague and uninformative of the overall update, and be completely lacking of 15" and 17" models?

18. bvanstaa thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess we'll just have to wait and see...a few hours or ten hours depending on the Intel factor.

19. Davieis macrumors regular

I hope so!

20. DaftZombie macrumors member

Yup, exactly what I was looking at in reference. Looks like the MPB's won't serve well as doorstops....atleast that what I'm going with so I don't buy a new one.

21. ajdb9 macrumors member

Just a side note:
    I went into my local Mac shop (the biggest reseller in New Zealand, there's no actual 'Apple' stores here) - and they said they'd totally run out of 13"s, but 15"s and 17"s were absolutely fine.
    Weird right?

22. 7even macrumors 6502a

Reflection off the plastic; the laptop is wrapped in the transparent plastic they ship it in (inside the box). You can see the edge of the plastic on the left side of the pic.