MBP with White keys... MB with Black keys???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tMac85, Sep 22, 2008.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

So typing this morning on my aluminum white keyed keyboard i thought.. "hey, those white keys looks good with that silver". Then i looked over at my MBP and thought " hey those white keys would look good on it"

Im thinking maybe to keep the MBP line different from the macbook line, that they will put white keys on the MBP and black on the MB.

I think it would look awesome. What do you all think?
    -tmac

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Ugh. No. Not on my pro machines, thanks.

3. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

the mac pro comes with an aluminum keyboard with white keys.

Edit: I know you know that, just saying. I think it's ugly too.

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I very much expect Apple to discontinue the white + aluminum keyboard in favor of a black + aluminum keyboard in the near future. With any luck they will use the backlight model from the Air, hopefully wireless standard.

5. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

you all missed my point entirely.

Put the white chickelet keys ON THE NEW MACBOOK PROS.
    Put the Black chicklet keys ON THE NEW MACBOOKS

im not talking about the keyboards they already sell. or the ones that come with desktops.

6. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Black keys are better when backlit. So if they did different colors on MB and MBP, it would rather be the reverse. And I think they're likely to give all MacBooks the same black, backlit keyboard. It's usually more convenient for the company to use the same parts in many products, and I think in this case reduced costs are more important than differentiating products. Let's face it, keyboards aren't most important difference between MB and MBP, and certainly not one comparing to size or graphics. Or price.

7. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

well from the many many threads on which people prefer, macbook keys or macbook pro keys, looks like it is important. they have to keep the macbooks different from the macbook pros. really for price. you get what you pay for in my opinion.

but good point nun the less

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I just personally wouldn't want white keys with the MacBook Pro. Hang on a tic...

I like your idea, though... Wait, okay, the iMac was the first Mac to have the new keyboard. It has white keys... AHA!

Okay, THIS is what Apple should do IF they're going to change the keyboards...

MacBook and iMac get the white keys.
    MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and the Mac Pro get keyboards with black keys.

THAT seems more fitting, I think. Black for professional, white for consumer. It's how Apple does their website, anyway...

9. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

ok well THAT i agree with. either way i think white keys on one of apples laptops would be cool.

10. Aranince macrumors 65816

If anything, the current gunmetal Nano, the iMac, and the Macbook Air are a sign that they are not going to put white keys on the MBP.

11. thebrain74 macrumors regular

I agree with the fact that the black chicklet keys are probably better with the backlight, but I am typing this right now on a wireless, silver and white, keyboard, and I really like the combo. Which is not too surprising as apple has used the color scheme before: ACD's, ipods, etc. But nowadays, that seems to changing: the color scheme of the new nano, imacs, air, etc

12. fastthumbs macrumors member

Black on the Air, white on the new MacBook, and silver on the new Pro. All "chiclet-style".

That's my guess - if they're making everything look like the Air, which it seems they are, it'll certainly help consumers differentiate between the standard, pro, and premium models of laptops.

13. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

They've already got that, its called the MacBook.

14. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

The issue with the current MBP is in certain lighting the silver keys can look cheap. If the keys were actual aluminum then it could be very nice, but I think that's an added cost they won't take on. (I'd love it though.)

Realistically, given the design of the iMac and new nano, I think we're more likely to see the white be phased out entirely.

15. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

i dont know. they brought it right back with the iphone. just when everyone thought it was good as gone. and they are charging more for it. (16Gb) looks like maybe white means high end( MBP) now to apple. and black means midrange (air)
    just a thought.

16. Breegy macrumors 6502

Breegy

Black on silver? Not on my MacBook either. :rolleyes:

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You mean to say make everything crappy and like the MBA?

18. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

you know its gonna happen. i just want the color, the quality too, but ill compromise for the make. just give me the colors.

19. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

personally, i like the new keyboards, but I don't think I would like white keys on the MBP -- wouldn't look very pro-like.

20. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

Personally I wish they'd keep the MBP kybrd the same only make the keys out of aluminum instead of plastic. If that didn't pose a heat issue it would be amazing!