MBP Won't Boot!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sportguy0913, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

I have a Mid 2009 13" MacBook Pro that won't boot up. Everytime it gets stuck on the Apple load screen and a little progress bar goes along the bottom. I've let it go all of the way across, but then the dail below the apple just spins and spins and spins... UGH. What's wrong here? My computer froze on a screen, and it was freezing intermittently just recently, so I forced shut - down it and now it won't turn on.

2. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

When you say 'now it won't turn on', you mean when you press the power button, the screen stays dark and you don't hear the usual sounds of startup? If so, get the Mac to the nearest Apple authorized repair center -- an Apple Store or some other repair shop.

But if by 'won't turn on', you mean it will indeed turn on and start to boot but not finish it, then hold down the cmd and v keys then power on the MBP and keep the keys pressed until you see lines of messages appear on the screen in verbose boot mode.

3. sportguy0913 thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean like I said previously in the paragraph that it goes as far as the apple screen with the swirly thing and thats it. I'm running of the install DVD and doing a disc repair now. I was at college yesterday so I didn't have access to anything.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You can also try booting into Safe Boot. By booting into Safe Boot, OS X repairs files if needed and that might fix your problem. If that doesn't work, then generally a reinstall of OS X will fix the problem.

5. creon macrumors 6502

If boot disk fails then its your HD.

You are still covered under AppleCare and it won't cost you a thing.