Resolved MBP won't charge, SMC Reset not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MorpheusXXZ, Mar 17, 2012.

1. MorpheusXXZ, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

MorpheusXXZ macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2012
    My MBP is Late 2011 13" model bought in December. It was working fine until an hour ago. It had 6% charge remaining and I got up to plug the magsafe connector but to my surprise the LED on magsafe connector didn't lit up. It happened 6-7 weeks ago too but it got fixed with an SMC reset (had more than 70% battery charge at that time). But this time SMC reset didn't work and I had barely 3% charge remaining when I tried SMC reset. And now that battery has ran out of charge, MBP won't even boot up and I am stuck.

When I press the battery charge indicator button at the right side of MBP, only the first dot blinks green.

What should I do now? I do not know anyone in my locality who owns a MBP so that I can test with their magsafe charger. My MBP is still under warranty but Apple Store is about 250 km away from my residence so I won't be able to take my MBP to them for a week or two. :(

Is there anything else that I can try? I searched a lot for a solution but I didn't get anything other than SMC Reset.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    See the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
  3. MorpheusXXZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2012
    Thanks for that. :)

Again to my surprise, it started working. :eek: All I did was detach magsafe connector from MBP and replug it. Damn Apple. :p I think I should have waited a bit more for my MBP and magsafe to start working on its own magically. :D