MBP won't close and humming noise (another issue)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by berkleeboy210, Sep 8, 2008.

1. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

Over the past few days, I've noticed that my MBP won't close. Early weekend I would be able to close it, but if I came back in a couple hours or so the lid would be slightly opened.

Now today I can't close it at all.

Should I bring it in? and if so is this a simple repair that can be done in store?

Also occasionally I've been hearing some kind of a humming noise coming from the right speaker by the power button, sometimes its really loud, it was happening a lot over the weekend, but hasn't happened today yet.

Suggestions?

2. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

II AndyG33 II

For the latch repair...
    i would make an appointment at ur local apple store
    they'll be able to fix it
    just make sure u make an appointment!
    they'll prolly keep it for a few hours too

but for the humming
    just ask them while you are there
    i have no idea about that

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Are you sure that hum is coming from the speaker and not the screen itself. I have that hum/slight buzz if my display is not set to full brightness. Moving brightness to full stops it. I think there are threads about it. If that's not it and it really is the speaker, I don't know what that could be.

Cheers,

4. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was just doing some searching on the forum for similar issues.

I got a paper clip and poked around on the left side on the bottom latch, and it popped back out and is now closing normally. :)

Humming seems to be gone for now but if it comes back I'll be sure to call them Asap.

But the Latch thing was REALLY bugging me, so I'm glad I figured that out without having to take a trip to the store.

5. berkleeboy210 thread starter macrumors 68000

9 times out of 10 my screen is at full brightness, because it's always plugged in. The humming seemed to be coming from the bottom half of the right speaker. Haven't heard it since Saturday though.