MBP wont lock?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marine610610, Nov 26, 2007.

1. marine610610 macrumors regular

When i click the lock in the top right corner to activate the screen saver and password prompt, it does nothing? This has never been a problem? I just installed leopard about 2 weeks ago, and it worked at first. Any ideas? I have to put it to sleep, or shut the lid, to "lock" it now. This is on a 15" MBP if that helps? Thanks for the help fellas.

2. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

I may be asking the obvious question here, but what 'lock' are you talking about that is up in the top-right corner? Possible to get a screen-shot of what you're talking about?

Are you referring to having the top right corner set up so that it automatically activates the screen-saver, which should, in turn, be password-protected?

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

It's a keychain preference that sits in the menu bar which allows you to lock your screen or keychain and whatnot. I'd try repairing my permissions with disk utility, if it persists, restart the computer, if it continues after that you could try toggling the preference on and off.

4. marine610610 thread starter macrumors regular

Ill give this a shot first thing in the morning. Its weird, the lock does a quick flash and nothing happens. Thanks again.