MBP Wont power on (steam)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sddds13, Jul 22, 2012.

1. sddds13 macrumors newbie

Yesterday I had my MBP in my large bathroom with the screen closed and it was plugged into the charger. I took a shower and then used my MBP about 3 hours later with no issues, now it's been 8 hours after the steam shower and the MacBook won't turn on. With the charger plugged in the light is green, however when I the battery charge indicator is pushed it only shows three green dots, so the charging light should be amber showing charging. I have taken the back off the laptop and there is no dew/moisture/corrosion, yet pushing the power button produces no results, fans don't run, hard drive does not spin, no screen power nothing. What should my next step be? I ordered a 3 wing screwdriver to remove the battery and try a hard reset, I've also removed the ram and cleaned the connections with 90% alcohol.

2. Furifo macrumors 6502

How long did you shower for and how much steam was produced? It is possible some moisture may have gotten into your MacBook.

3. sddds13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably about 10 minute shower with enough steam to fog the mirror, the exhaust fan and heat lamps were on the whole time.