MBP won't read SD cards =/

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by solid0mike, Jun 24, 2011.

1. solid0mike macrumors newbie

Basically, my MBP doesn't read/mount my SD card =/

My gf was using my mac for her pictures, and since she's not mac user she thought it was just like windows and you unplug it without ejecting. Well, after that incident, my macbook will no longer read my card. I have tried using two different cards and none work, however my camera and iMac read them without a problem. I tried using diskwarrior but its no help. same with disk utility. I was thinking of taking it to the Apple store but, I think I can resolve this issue.

I tried rebooting but that doesn't change a thing. What can I do to use my SD card slot again?

I have the 2011 MBP 13'.

Thanks guys!

2. Bear macrumors G3

Try reformatting that card in the camera and try again.

If that doesn't work, try a different SD card.

And if that doesn't work, you may gave a bad SD slot on your MacBook Pro. go to the Apple store.

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

My 7,1 (mid 2010) stopped reading SD cards, took it into Apple and they determined that it needed a new logic board. $500 fix and it works like new.

4. solid0mike thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks bro this worked. For some reason both my iMac and PC desktop read the SD card without a problem, but my MBP didn't but after I reformatted it on my camera, I stuck it back into the MBP and it picked it up.

5. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Hey Mac noob here,

So you can't just pull out an SD card without ejecting it? Why?

6. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

You're supposed to dismount (eject) all media (hard drives, flash drives, memory cards) to allow the system to finish up access to the media before physically removing it. Not doing so can cause the media to become corrupt. I thought that also applied to Windows?

7. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

it does. it has a safely remove hardware tab in the bottom right on that bar.

EDIT: i found this on google. its what it looks like

Attached Files:

8. ReddDraggon macrumors member

You can manually eject stuff on Windows, but there's no need normally, I've never damaged anything just unplugging it.

9. Macloven macrumors regular

Macloven

I used to think that too. Until I trashed an SD card and lost everything on it. Since "ejecting" things, have never had a problem.