MBP Won't Run On Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dbam987, Mar 1, 2008.

1. dbam987 macrumors regular

Hey all, I got a perplexing problem with my MBP. Earlier in the week my MBP decided it won't start on battery power. It would only start when plugged in to the charger. Any ideas on how I can try to fix this on my own before going to the Apple Store?

A side question: Since I ordered my MBP on Apple's online store, can I still take it to the Apple store for service? Its still under warranty.

Thanks.

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Yes, you can take your machine to the Apple store. There may be an issue with your battery, it could be defective and not holding a charge. Regardless, I would take it to the store and get it checked out.

3. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I agree with Hankster, take it to your an apple store.

I would get a appointment with the genius bar before you go.

4. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

why are u still reading this thread?
    you should be at the aplle store now!!!:D

5. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

How long ago did you get the Computer? When I had a problem with my two day old MBP, i just took it in wihtout an appointment and asked to return it because it was defective. I just told them what happened and they pulled a Genius from a customer to confirm it was defective. Then the apple employee told me if i wanted to just exchange it, i said sure i'll give it another shot. 10 mins later I was out with a new one. BTW it was early in the day and there weren't much people around.

-JoE