MBP won't sleep while charging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brijazz, Dec 22, 2010.

1. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

My 15" i5 MacBook Pro won't sleep when charging; a reset of the SMC solves the problem temporarily, but it always recurs. Interestingly, the sleep indicator light pulses as if the machine is sleeping, but I can clearly hear hard drive activity; the drive sounds like it keeps spinning up every 10 seconds or so. This is not an issue when trying to sleep when running on the battery only. Any advice?

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Double check your power settings for battery and when power is connected. Reset them and see what happens.

3. brijazz thread starter macrumors 6502

brijazz

I reset the Energy Saver preferences to defaults, but that did nothing. I then deleted the com.apple.PowerManagement and com.apple.AutoWake plist files, and rebooted the machine. That worked for a while, but then the problem recurred.

I have the sleep issue even when logged out of all user accounts (which I realized after trying to sleep the machine while at the login window). Also, I had read the Apple support document prior to posting, but nothing from it really applies.